This publication provides detailed information on the soils of the Tocal property. A most useful education resource for curricula in agriculture and soil sciences.
- Location and area
- Part One: Soil Forming Factors
- Parent material
- Plants and animals
- Human activitiy
- Part Two: Soil Landscapes at Tocal
- Erosional soil landscapes
- Alluvial soil landscapes
- Colluvial soil landscapes
- Vestigial soil landscapes
- Part Three: Soil Types on Tocal
- Chromosols, Kurosols and Sodosols (Podsols)
- Rudosols and Tenosols (Lithosols)
- Black Vertosols (black clays/brown earths)
- Black Dermosols
- Red Ferrosols
- Part Four: Soils Degradation at Tocal
- Part Five: Other Soil Stories (Intensive land use on Tocal dairy - comparison of the podsolic hill soils (Kurosol) vs river flat soils (Rudosol)).
- Appendix One: Glossary of botanical and zoological names.
- Appendix Two: Tocal soil profiles and the sites from which they were taken.
- Appendix Three: Glossary of geological and soil science terms.
- References and further reading.
Author: Jennifer Laffan
ISBN: 0731305698 | 84 pages | A4
Catalogue number: B564
Publisher: NSW Department of Primary Industries | 2005