A 'how-to' guide on assessing and managing your bush and its products for long-term profit and sustainability. Learn how to identify, measure and market timber products.
- What's in your forest?
- How does your forest grow?
- Regeneration in the forest
- Thinning for better quality trees
- Managing your forest for non-timber values
- Assessing and measuring your forest
- Planning your forest operation
- Marketing your timber
- Appendix 1: The Private Native Forestry Code of Practice
- Appendix 2A: Tree volume table
- Appendix 2B: Tree plot data sheet
- Appendix 2C: Codes for the Tree plot data sheet
- Appendix 3: List of native trees for timber production
- Appendix 4: Glossary of forestry terms
Author: David Brouwer
ISBN: 9780731306305 | 102 pages | A4
Catalogue number: B736
Publisher: NSW Department of Primary Industries | 2010