Classroom poster and student workbook Industry Insights series developed by the NSW DPI Schools Program as teaching resources for Agriculture, Technology Mandatory and Science. Students refer to the classroom poster to complete the free workbook content covering:
· Pig anatomy
· Pig breeds
· Pork processing, marketing, and value-adding
· Markets and market specifications
· Animal welfare in the pork industry
· Pig diseases and biosecurity
· Swine digestive anatomy and physiology (monogastric digestion)
· Nutrition and rations
· Reproduction and reproductive technologies
· Pork careers
· Suggested practical activities: moving pigs, condition scoring pigs, oestrous detection in sows.
Poster size: A1 (594mm X 841mm)
Series includes: Agricultural crops, Agricultural pastures, Dairy production, Plant structure and function, Pork production, and Weeds in NSW. Student workbooks can be found here.
· Set of 6 posters: $180.00.
· Multiple posters: $30 each if more than one is purchased. Please contact 1800 025 520 to purchase other combinations