Learn how to plan your farm’s crop and pasture production so you can manage dryland salinity to achieve sustainable production. You’ll discover the early warning signs to help you take action and find out how Australian farmers are successfully tackling the issues.
- What is dryland salinity
- How bad is the problem?
- What causes dryland salinity?
- Government strategies for dryland salinity
- Preventing dryland salinity on your farm
- Managing and treating salt-affected areas
- Making better use of water on your farm
- A hypothetical case study
- What farmers are doing
- Appendix 1 Advice and further information
- Glossary of terms
- References and further reading
Author: David Brouwer
ISBN: 0731305442 | 76 pages | A4
Catalogue number: B251
Publisher: NSW Department of Primary Industries | 2001