Nature conservation is about keeping, or bringing back, a wide range of plants, animals and other organisms on your farm that will contribute to its health, productivity and appeal. It's about working in harmony with the environment to sustain the land and its productivity.
Table of contents:
- The benefits of nature conservation on your property
- What is an ecosystem?
- Describing the flora and fauna in your area
- Agriculture - the quiet invasion of changing succession
- Where have all the flowers (and other species) gone?
- Measuring the health of habitat
- Managing flora and fauna on your farm
- Case studies
Author: David Brouwer
ISBN: 9781742568683 | 130 pages | A4
Catalogue number: B957
Publisher: NSW Department of Primary Industries | 2016